I used mold armor silicone for a paludarium

Owen12345

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 19, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Usa
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will mold armor silicone leak chemicals into the water? I will have plants and shrimp and crabs at the bottom once I insert the background in but the background will be above the water. The background will get wet eventually while watering/misting the plants I wouldn't want to see the chemicals kill everything. I plan on letting it cure for a week maybe even another. Any help thanks

20220519_085053.jpg 20220517_160351.jpg
 
Will mold armor silicone leak chemicals into the water? I will have plants and shrimp and crabs at the bottom once I insert the background in but the background will be above the water. The background will get wet eventually while watering/misting the plants I wouldn't want to see the chemicals kill everything. I plan on letting it cure for a week maybe even another. Any help thanks

20220519_085053.jpg 20220517_160351.jpg
I would not use that.
Mold inhibiters are not good for your system.
 
Will mold armor silicone leak chemicals into the water? I will have plants and shrimp and crabs at the bottom once I insert the background in but the background will be above the water. The background will get wet eventually while watering/misting the plants I wouldn't want to see the chemicals kill everything. I plan on letting it cure for a week maybe even another. Any help thanks

20220519_085053.jpg 20220517_160351.jpg
not good for SW. Also what substrate is that? doesn't look great for SW. Driftwood isn't the best for SW either.
 
I’ve always been advised not to use mold inhibiting silicone for any fishtank. I look for nsf rated cone
 
Will mold armor silicone leak chemicals into the water? I will have plants and shrimp and crabs at the bottom once I insert the background in but the background will be above the water. The background will get wet eventually while watering/misting the plants I wouldn't want to see the chemicals kill everything. I plan on letting it cure for a week maybe even another. Any help thanks

20220519_085053.jpg 20220517_160351.jpg
Sidenote: SW palladiums are either muddy mangrove swamps, or tidal pools. Both have various challenges best left to experienced SW hobbyists
 
Thx for all your replies I ripped it and cut it off to be safe. little left is still on I'll get the rest off tomorrow. Yeah it's freshwater coco fiber was silicone to the background the wood is spiderwood.

20220519_185807.jpg
 
Thx for all your replies I ripped it and cut it off to be safe. little left is still on I'll get the rest off tomorrow. Yeah it's freshwater coco fiber was silicone to the background the wood is spiderwood.

20220519_185807.jpg
will this be the substrate? that may cause some issues, both nutrient and otherwise. SW fish and inverts need different environments than FW ones

if making a mangrove swamp, get some mangrove propagules and some live mud and sand for the substrate.
 
will this be the substrate? that may cause some issues, both nutrient and otherwise. SW fish and inverts need different environments than FW ones

if making a mangrove swamp, get some mangrove propagules and some live mud and sand for the substrate.
No lol its the background
 

Attachments

  • 20220517_084910.jpg
    20220517_084910.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 36

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top