I want a suggestion on an sps

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 9, 2019
Messages
1,050
Reaction score
906
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add one sps I was thinking acro or stylo as a showpiece for my lps tank. I know once I get one i most likely be sucked into sps but for now i just want one to dedicate myself to. So if you had to pick one sps out of your tank what would it be ? and if have any pictures thanks in advance.
 
I always had trouble with mixing acros and LPS in the same tank. The acros never lived very long. The only SPS that has survived in my LPS & softy heavy tank, is stylo corals. FWIW
 
I want to add one sps I was thinking acro or stylo as a showpiece for my lps tank. I know once I get one i most likely be sucked into sps but for now i just want one to dedicate myself to. So if you had to pick one sps out of your tank what would it be ? and if have any pictures thanks in advance.
Green slimer. Also goodies are red planet, Cali tort, pink lemonade. All these are acros. Good luck.
 
I would say slimer as well. They grow fast and offer vertical lines which many corals dont. They can be very effective at "framing" your reef tank
 
Slimer type stag would look great. Also in an lps tank I think a pointy tipped birdsnest like hystrix would have a nice contrast.
 
Slimmer, birdnest, purp stylo or rainbow stylo, red planet, honestly just pick one you like the color of and go with it. The main thing with a mix tank is finding the mixed high light and higher flow to grow acros along with lower flow LPS type corals, can be done with good placement. Meet those requirements and you will have no issues. Happy reefing and good luck! All these options can be found on my website www.HiddenTreasureCorals.com
 
If you REALLY want the sps experience, buy something super expensive with amazing colors. Then when it shows up and it doesnt look like the picture you can shrug and tell yourself it will color up.

2 month later it starts to color up, you are super proud, a titan of husbandry! Then it...hey, what's that? Is that receeding at the base? Why is it doing that? Frantically google, tell yourself it will be fine. Start a thread asking what's wrong (be sure to include you have perfect parameters) then poof. Its gone.

:).
 
Cali tort grew best for me. I have blue and purple Stylo, forest fire Digi, red planet and many lps and softies. I had a bird'snest that grew well then up and died.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top