I was told it's a rock flower anemone???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Erink
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Erink

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2020
Messages
291
Reaction score
109
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's never laid flat. He eats lots, mouth generally always looks like that. Without the blues he's kinda dull looking. He also hasn't moved which I thought he would if he's not happy. I've had him for about 3 months or so.
So, either he's a really weird rock flower or some other kind of anemone...

15971214236731725558560143213447.jpg
 
Maybe some kind of sand anemone (I believe they are closely related to rock flowers). Mine do all kinds of weird contortions like that when my lights turn blue in the evening
Screenshot_20200810-220125.png
Screenshot_20200810-220117.png
Screenshot_20200810-220108.png
20200724_191344_HDR.jpg
 
It's a lot but these are the parameters from when I got him until now

15971221068223080926446338185238.jpg 15971221586698248545294468609674.jpg 15971221942335413437586171661463.jpg 15971222059751122192308195415062.jpg 15971222326385397681967878319057.jpg 15971222578237938272544151468756.jpg 15971222676948027461972364129569.jpg
 
Looks like rock flower and would do this when first introduced. This looks like one attempting to split
 
Looks like rock flower and would do this when first introduced. This looks like one attempting to split
I've never heard of a rock flower splitting?? If it's a sand nem as I suspect they reproduce by spitting out one baby at a time every few months
 
Not splitting but appears as such
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top