I was told NOT to dip my corals?!?

Dang girl, you dropped by coinage on those LPS

Hopefully you've researched the heck out of proper care.

Trachys and Scolys can be suuuuuper sensitive to light and water quality.

Yikers....

Biting Nails Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
It's the whole reason I went to the show. And yes I did my research, I have another scoly doing well already I just wanted some variety instead of the usual solid colors I find up here. Unfortunately I don't have another tank running all the time for QT. So I had to make a choice after acclimation and I'm glad I did. I had 3 fat as hell bristles that met their death and a few little stars that were not welcome that got the boot as well. A lot of other stuff fell off but I didn't check in detail. A day later everyone is alive and well and I'll continue to watch them carefully over the next few weeks. Everything seems to be settling in. After a week or so I'll decide on permanent placement. Now if I could just just get my crabs to stop walking all over them :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20210521-013925_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013905_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013851_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013845_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013829_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013824_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013816_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013805_Gallery.jpg
 
Even for WWC frags, which are fairly clean, I would always dip. I'm local to WWC (so I don't have to worry about shipping stress), and my last purchase there did have a mini bristleworm (4mm). I'm glad I dipped.
 
Depends where I buy frags from ….,

but my laziness with not dipping has proved wrong .

between 2 lfs I have managed to infest my dt with red flatworms .
which the only 2 places I have bought frags from deny ever having them .

the only thing I can think of is they both order corals .
and I managed to buy one frag or many with flatworms that they never noticed .
 
lol, calling WWC "Stupid" is kind of a reach. These instruction are pretty solid I gotta say, shipping DOES cause a lot of stress on corals and you can see that when you open the frickin box, they look like crapola half of the time. Dipping right away out of the box is how I killed a few of my corals 100%, I would not recommend doing it either anymore. Follow their instructions, they aren't "stupid"

Also, this paranoia about weird parasites being housed everywhere is getting absurd, do you really think WWC can afford a parasite or disease outbreak in their coral systems? Get out of here.
 
Thats wild they’d tell you not to dip them! Hopefully you have a qt tank of sorts or like someone else suggested with a water change and a heater.. let them chill for a day then dip
 
It's the whole reason I went to the show. And yes I did my research, I have another scoly doing well already I just wanted some variety instead of the usual solid colors I find up here. Unfortunately I don't have another tank running all the time for QT. So I had to make a choice after acclimation and I'm glad I did. I had 3 fat as hell bristles that met their death and a few little stars that were not welcome that got the boot as well. A lot of other stuff fell off but I didn't check in detail. A day later everyone is alive and well and I'll continue to watch them carefully over the next few weeks. Everything seems to be settling in. After a week or so I'll decide on permanent placement. Now if I could just just get my crabs to stop walking all over them :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20210521-013925_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013905_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013851_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013845_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013829_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013824_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013816_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210521-013805_Gallery.jpg
What kind of zoas are those with the orange center?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top