Icecap 4k, Gyre XF350 or MP40 - 200G

Flow upgrade


  • Total voters
    5
  • Poll closed .

AshwinRavi

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2017
Messages
374
Reaction score
526
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fellow reefers,

The tank is an Innovative Marine 200 INT (70.9"x30"x21.7"), I currently have an MP40, on one side and two jabeo pumps on the other side controlled by apex. What's a better upgrade, another MP40 to be run in sync or IceCap 4k. Tank is mostly lps, zoas and palys with a few sps on top.
 
I prefer the width of the gyre flow. However, I've read enough complaints about icecap gyres, that I would probably go with an MP40.
 
Thanks, yes, I read more -ve comments than anything about gyres, love the type of flow they offer, but it does come with quite a bit of maintenance
 
I use 2 Maxspect Gyre 350's and 2 Ecotech MP40's on my 225 gal tank. I run the MP40's along the back and the Gyres do most of the tank.
 
I use 2 Maxspect Gyre 350's and 2 Ecotech MP40's on my 225 gal tank. I run the MP40's along the back and the Gyres do most of the tank.
are you SPS heavy? i have some dead spots, but having two jabeos and 1 mp40 seems adequate flow for me, mostly because my system is all LPS with just a few sticks up top.
 
are you SPS heavy? i have some dead spots, but having two jabeos and 1 mp40 seems adequate flow for me, mostly because my system is all LPS with just a few sticks up top.
It will be, plus I can dial them down to help with wear and tear of the pumps.
 
im just picked up 2 maxspect xf350s for my 6ft tank, (i have 2 mp40s on the back) but the controller for gyres is a bit difficult to work with as someone else mentioned. is there a way to use an icecap controller to connect these pumps to apex?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top