Icecap Gyre 2k - 1 or 2 for 65g tank?

Auphoenix43

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2021
Messages
41
Reaction score
11
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I am setting up my tank for fish and eventually softies. For the above wavemaker do I need 2 for my 65 gallon tank or will 1 of the 2k gyre pumps do it?
 
Depends on what you’re placing in the tank. I would do 2 2k on 1 controller. If you decide that even at 10 or 20% is too much you can remove 1/2 the gyre on each side.

On our 65 with an overflow in the middle we had 1/2 2k on each side of the overflow on the back glass
 
I've found that the 4k isn't even enough for my 80 gallon cube and will be buying a 2k pump soon. The 4k is enough if I crank it, but at speeds above 80% it whines a little bit. One 4k might be enough for your 60.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top