Icecap Gyre 4K's for a LPS tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Floyd-
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Floyd-

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2021
Messages
957
Reaction score
750
Location
Fort Walton Beach, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for better soft motion on my tank.
Would 2 4k's on either side of my 63" long tank do the trick?

I have a Redsea Max S-650 and I would be turning off the 4 rear jets and only using the gyres for my softies and LPS. Just looking for opinions before dropping some coin.
 
Well lucky me I got home and my girlfriend had ordered a single reefwave45 to try out and then we will get another if we like it. Looks nice, I hope the price tag is worth it.
 
Yes, but if it were me I'd still run the rear circulation pumps to augment the gyres. And I'd go with a pair of ReefWave 25s over the Icecaps (the ReefWave is a superior gyre design).

I what ways are they better? I've been researching the gyre pumps for my new build.

Also curious how the Jaebo sc-150 performs compared to these. I do know all jaebo flow pumps have weak impeller magnets that need cleaning more often but other than that I don't know about performance comparisons.
 
I was looking at the Jaebo SC-150 also but decided against it. I have smaller Jaebo pumps and the quality matches the price.
 
I what ways are they better? I've been researching the gyre pumps for my new build.

Also curious how the Jaebo sc-150 performs compared to these. I do know all jaebo flow pumps have weak impeller magnets that need cleaning more often but other than that I don't know about performance comparisons.
It's a superior design and it has a split power cord. These make any kind of maintenance or cleaning really easy. Honestly, you can't tell this just by looking at pictures of them. If you own both (as I do) the first time you work with either it becomes readily apparent.
 
Last edited:
We shall see. The Reefwave 45 should be in this wednesday. Once I play around with it ill decide if I want another or not.
 
Love the Reefwave45, with the LPS and softies ive only been running about 30% power. At those levels it cannot reach the other side of the tank so ill be getting another one.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top