ID and how to color up this sps

alex77619

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2018
Messages
277
Reaction score
318
Location
Victoria
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have this piece of sps for 4 months now. It’s growing fast but the color isn’t really showing out, what would u guys suggest me to do.
70f6af4c44fa6eff7c0021344e8699fe.jpg

394a0371c65cbad74f40c2d41cea9283.jpg


Tank parameters

150 gal system
Radion gen3 AB+
Using Ca reactor
Using rowa GFO
Have refugium in sump

PO4 0 ppm
NO3 3ppm
Salinity 1.025
PH 8.2
KH 9
Ca 520
MG 1320

Pics of other sps that colors are coming out.
be2c61faf8e4005ea6446d7d13663a49.jpg

e5d21fb572d8359e240a09106aca10a5.jpg

48e8c146684f01dafec2d479ae5d6458.jpg

66afc871e8396378e295e87b4a20cd8d.jpg
 
Those look like Stypophora in the first two (with some small acros around the larger one), then montis in the rest.

The color looks OK for frags. I would not do anything other than keep stuff stable, change your water (if you are doing that) and keep the parameters in check and wait until they are larger. SPS do not always look good when they are small... once they get to baseball size, then they usually go to another level.
 
Those look like Stypophora in the first two (with some small acros around the larger one), then montis in the rest.

The color looks OK for frags. I would not do anything other than keep stuff stable, change your water (if you are doing that) and keep the parameters in check and wait until they are larger. SPS do not always look good when they are small... once they get to baseball size, then they usually go to another level.

The first pic is 4 month ago and second pic is today. It grow big but kinda still staying in a brown color that’s what I’m asking. Other sps are starting to color up even frag size. So I’m looking for what can I do to help it
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top