ID on pale pink worms on live rock

akelly310

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
34
Reaction score
73
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed these red worm like strands on my live rock. They don’t seem to crawl around quickly, but they are spreading. I’ve found a few on my glass here and there. My tank is new, about a month or so old, but this rock came from another tank that had been running for about 4-5 years. I also have what I assume is a cyano outbreak as my other rock is covered in red algae that popped up about 4 day’s ago. Thanks for any help!

8BDDB616-B365-4807-B49A-9FF1E8D305D8.jpeg
 
I have noticed these red worm like strands on my live rock. They don’t seem to crawl around quickly, but they are spreading. I’ve found a few on my glass here and there. My tank is new, about a month or so old, but this rock came from another tank that had been running for about 4-5 years. I also have what I assume is a cyano outbreak as my other rock is covered in red algae that popped up about 4 day’s ago. Thanks for any help!

8BDDB616-B365-4807-B49A-9FF1E8D305D8.jpeg
Looks somewhat like spaghetti worms (harmless) but that would be a very unusual location for them in the open like that.

Perhaps you can remove some from the tank a snap a closer pic?
Can you blow it off?

Anyway, your new tank is going to grow all different kinds/colors of "uglies" for the first 12 months. Just let it do its thing.
 
Looks somewhat like spaghetti worms (harmless) but that would be a very unusual location for them in the open like that.

Perhaps you can remove some from the tank a snap a closer pic?
Can you blow it off?

Anyway, your new tank is going to grow all different kinds/colors of "uglies" for the first 12 months. Just let it do its thing.

here’s a couple pictures of two that I was able to get ahold during a water change. I kind of smashed the larger one a bit... anything I can do about the worms? Or should I still just let it ride?
45EABD47-832D-4B22-8188-83DA95FE6B20.jpeg
DF4F6AB5-9388-497F-9C51-19AF56A54263.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top