ID please, aiptasia and... not a clue ?

Sasquatchv

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2022
Messages
95
Reaction score
79
Location
Essex,UK
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some cycled rock from LFS's sump.
I have some tiny hitchhikers:
that one is approx 3mm across, fully retracts into the base:
DSC00163.jpg
that one(same spieces?) is 4 mm across, also fully retracts ino the base.
DSC00166.jpg

and mysterious red claw poping in and out, spiral tube is 1.5-2mm in diameter:
DSC00168.jpg
 
1. Harmless, filter-feeding tube worm (Serpulidae)
2. Might be a very large and rare variety of vermetid snail, but it’s hard to tell from the photo. They’re not always purple and pinhead-sized.
+1

First two images are some kind of feather duster worm

the 3rd image looks to be a type of vermetid snail
 
I bought some cycled rock from LFS's sump.
I have some tiny hitchhikers:
that one is approx 3mm across, fully retracts into the base:
DSC00163.jpg
that one(same spieces?) is 4 mm across, also fully retracts ino the base.
DSC00166.jpg

and mysterious red claw poping in and out, spiral tube is 1.5-2mm in diameter:
DSC00168.jpg
Definite feather duster for first two pictures!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top