ID please - New Ulva Growth or Bryopsis, or both?

Dancingmad

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2016
Messages
740
Reaction score
1,285
Location
Houston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got some botryocladia and ulva QTing for 4ish months now lookin' for 'em nasty tiny hitchhikers (e.g. Red Planaria). I thought I was dealing with some possible Bryopsis growth but I'm unsure. The QT has a HoB filter and I saw some stringy algea growing on it - then it started to flatten out and look more like the ulva. The ulva was was tangled in the botryocladia too so I'm hoping thats what I'm seeing sprout in the botry and on the rocks next to it. What do y'all think?

20170211_125310.jpg
20170211_124924.jpg
20170211_124827.jpg
 
Thanks y'all - Just needed some reassurance. I spend a lot of time here lookin' at diseases and pests(admittedly the hitchhiker section and algae are my favorite areas. Love me some critters). Its kinda like how I hear med students will self diagnose themselves w/ a disease you can only get wading in the Nile river b/c they're reading so much about these conditions. More confirmations appreciated :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top