ID pls... hair algae, cyano, diatoms... ?

testertips

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2017
Messages
48
Reaction score
22
Location
north hollywood, ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Tank is approximately 2.5 months old and have some hair algae type growing on the rocks - it's more brown than any other color. Don't think it's cyano since it's difficult to remove but unsure - stuck to surface, doesn't blow off. What do y'all think it is?

algae.jpg
 
Basic slime algae. You should check your snail poulation.
I mentioned it in the other thread with the same algae you posted.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top