Sorry to hear about you getting out. Been there, done that. I was in the hobby 18 years with always second hand tanks. Then I downsized/ consolidated to a new AGA 300DD and a 25 g frag. After a year or so I open ended my basement door and smelled that sweet smell of something off. Went down to find my tank with a seam split on a vertical seam. Lost about 12 inches of water and all my coral in that zone. AGA replaced the tank under warranty. Moved into the new tank, lost some coral in the transition but things settled out. 8 months later the situation repeats itself this time a catastrophic bottom seam split and the tank was empty with 300 gallons of water on the floor. Lost 99% of my coral and all my fish, some I had over a dozen years. I gave all my gear to my adult son. Retired and moved south, then he talked me into getting back in so I’m running a s1000 g2. I felt ok doing it with the euro bracing both top and bottom and having it sit on an aluminum stand. I still check my seams. And of course when I took a trip north last week things went haywire in the tank with the Housesitter, green hair algae takeover and the kh tube off the doser, putting solution in the stand instead of the tank and now dealing with nutrient changes and a big alk swing since it was at 4.9. Headaches are part of the hobby as are losses. Take a break and get back in when you’re ready. Oh, and the dog died feeling? Had that in November with my 10 month old English Bulldog, perfectly healthy, brought her in for a routine spay, dead the next day. Bled out. Crushing. But I have a new pup that’s filling the void a bit. Sometimes life just sucks.