If money was not an option?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mb5322
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I tend to just go with what I like, but know what you're saying. There's a few 'magic' things I've always wanted, and managed to get a few so far. Probably won't get all.

Juvenile Emperor Angelfish (Got one! It's the fish everyone always says 'wow' at. See pic).
'Mandrin' Crocea Clam (I wish!)
Colorado Sunburst RBTA (I wish!)
Master Scoly (One day!)

tridacna-crocea-clam-mandarin-2.jpg
IMG_3220 copy.jpg
 
You could try a snowflake eel? Ah but for that you would need a good lid on the tank. A dwarf lionfish or two would look great, but if you added those you wouldnt be able to add any smaller fish. Lots of puffers are cool as well, like the blue spotted and valentini and saddle puffers, but they may nip at corals if you ever plan on getting some. I know some species of tangs work in 80g i believe, but Im sure someone else on here has more knowledge on tangs (i have a small 20g, looking to upgrade to 50g). #reefsquad #TangPolice maybe a lil help pls?
Will the dwarf lion accept other fish if they are added to an existing tank as juveniles?
 
Will the dwarf lion accept other fish if they are added to an existing tank as juveniles?
To be honest I dont have experience with lions I was just suggesting them. But I would probably suggest to add the lion last, because lots of fish will become territorial, and lions can be dangerous. But if you have small fish, probably like less than 3inches, it may not work out
 
To be honest I dont have experience with lions I was just suggesting them. But I would probably suggest to add the lion last, because lots of fish will become territorial, and lions can be dangerous. But if you have small fish, probably like less than 3inches, it may not work out
I think the dwarf lion only gets to be 4-5”?
 
I think the dwarf lion only gets to be 4-5”?
Yeah about 5-6", but they have large mouths so it would just be advisable to make sure your fish dont get eaten. But i think they should be fine wish fish of about 2", I probably wouldnt want to add smaller fish. But either way, keep the lion well fed, that makes them less likely to want to eat other fish. Best of luck!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top