illdoya's 10g money pit - pic heavy

tank update!

Hello again everyone! been working pretty hard on this tank and I wanted to share some progress :)

I haven't added any livestock since the last update just re-did some rock work, added a surface skimmer and custom media basket to my AC70, added chemi-pure elite to the assorted filter media and added 27.5w of LED strips (mostly 455nm but 1 strip of violet just to try).

The changes have really made in a difference to me in the look of the tank which im definitely pleased with. I've been trying to take a hands-off approach and not mess with the life in the tank,and its been going well. It seems to help maintain the stability of everything (duh! :)) along with routinely scheduled maintenance.

here is my latest FTS, please let me know what you think!

21zif7.jpg
 
so i added an LED fixture - nothing special but it is a bit too powerful :( got off craigslist - 90W reef-smart non-dimmable LED; 2 switches, 1 blue, 1 white.

its 9" from the water level right now, only blue, 8hr photo period. Tank is only a 10g, so about 10" tall all together...

keep moving it up? Leptastrea wasnt looking too good, neither was my chalice or candy canes :( only running blue.

n5k7zo.jpg
 
Last edited:

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top