IM EXT Owners w/ provided plumbing - question for you

Staplesofficewar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2022
Messages
190
Reaction score
76
Location
Evans
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Been too busy to get it setup very far, but did get the drain and return lines plumbed. Got a plan to pull the return lines in closer to the tank (will post more later). It seems to me that the plumbing puts a lot of upward force on the overflow box. See pic for more details. When I fill the tank, this will compress the pad, and apply even more pressure up on the overflow box. Since this is just silicone on, any concern that with enough pressure it would peel it off? Considering cutting the pipes and installing a small section of flex pipe to relieve the strain.

IMG_7673.jpg
 
Undo the nuts on the unions inside the box. Cut it a bit shorter and reassemble.
 
I don't think that will work. Its all glued from the bottom up. The one inch is glued at the blue arrows, and there are o-rings at the green arrows. There is nothing that I trim inside the box that will shorten the overall height. I might be able to remove some material from the plats on the sump so the bulkheads fit lower into the plate. They are probably 1/4' thick or so.

IMG_7674.jpg
 
Buy 3 unions (or valves) and cut the pipes anywhere between the box and the 90 degree bend at the bottom. Shorten the pipe whatever you need to (remember, the union or valve will add some length). Dry fit it to make sure you have what you want, and then glue it.
 
You didn’t get it with these unions?
C94DD237-62B6-4BC3-9B12-3C9DB8BF3786.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • 310626C6-062B-42A3-8511-736D14CBEE7A.jpeg
    310626C6-062B-42A3-8511-736D14CBEE7A.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 28

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top