In the years i have had apex... never updated : /

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

steallife904

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
464
Reaction score
214
Location
Jacksonville, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As said, I have had my apex for at least 4... maybe more years. I have never done an update, I always had a fear I would do it and erase everything or something. Well over for about 4 months now my apex will not connect outside of my wifi on my apex app. I have logged into it and my router on my desktop to update the IP (I think that's what normally needs to be done) but still wont work. I think I am kinda lost on what needs to be updated on the apex dashboard and the HOST on my apex app (do not have fusion). that's problem 1

Well I think it could also be related to the fact I never updated it so I think its time to do that. My apex is on a wireless wifi module but I have a cable long enough I can run to hardwire it for the update (I also have a MAC computer). Just very nervous about doing it. Also should I get fusion and ditch the App? Or have both, app for wifi and fusion for out of network? If anyone could help walk me through it that would really help. thank you,
 
For the newer products you have to update the firmware. DOS, FMM, all require updates.

First, there is a feature to backup your settings (unless your firmware is soooooo old that didn't exist). Do that before any update! Next, jump over to Apex forums. They have great documentation on updating, including step by step instructions.

After all that is done, get fusion! It is so much better than the native interface and you can access it anywhere without worrying about opening up ports, etc.
 
Connect to the apex.local dashboard and click the "L0ad/Save" page and save your current settings.

Connect your apex to your home network via Ethernet. Connect your computer to your home network via Ethernet.

Go to https://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/ and follow the directions for updating your Apex Classic.

Once you've updated your apex base unit firmware go to the modules page on apex.local and update all of your module firmwares.

Once you've updated all your module firmware is updated go to the getting started guide and skip to the section on connecting your apex to fusion https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/apexclassic/

After that make another backup using fusion and you're good to go!
 
Connect to the apex.local dashboard and click the "L0ad/Save" page and save your current settings.

Connect your apex to your home network via Ethernet. Connect your computer to your home network via Ethernet.

Go to https://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/ and follow the directions for updating your Apex Classic.

Once you've updated your apex base unit firmware go to the modules page on apex.local and update all of your module firmwares.

Once you've updated all your module firmware is updated go to the getting started guide and skip to the section on connecting your apex to fusion https://www.neptunesystems.com/getstarted/apexclassic/

After that make another backup using fusion and you're good to go!
Since u seem smart with this apex stuff I updated the firmware multiple times but it will not let me update my webpages any info or help would be appreciated I tried it all
 
I've been updating it wireless. I know you're not supposed but my laptop doesn't have a Ethernet slot and my main router is too far away.
 
Since u seem smart with this apex stuff I updated the firmware multiple times but it will not let me update my webpages any info or help would be appreciated I tried it all

Doh! Does it give you an error message? Have you changed the port on your Apex? The firmware update doesn't use that port but the webpage update does.

I've been updating it wireless. I know you're not supposed but my laptop doesn't have a Ethernet slot and my main router is too far away.

Updating wireless is not recommended for Apex Classics, there's a decent chance you'll corrupt the firmware and the only way to recover will be via Ethernet. You can get a USB to Ethernet adapter on Amazon for less than $10.
 
Doh! Does it give you an error message? Have you changed the port on your Apex? The firmware update doesn't use that port but the webpage update does.



Updating wireless is not recommended for Apex Classics, there's a decent chance you'll corrupt the firmware and the only way to recover will be via Ethernet. You can get a USB to Ethernet adapter on Amazon for less than $10.
Yea it stayed as port 80 after the firmware update. Yea I'm at a loss
 
I'd verify the port on the apex.local page. If it's 80 and it's still not working then change it to something else, 8080 or whatever, and try again. Remember to set it in the firmware uploader.
 
Got ya.
Now I have also read I can do it right from the apex to the computer that didn't work either
 
Haven't tried that process personally. If you're sure you've got the IP/port/login correct then I'd open a ticket with Neptune support. There's probably something command line they can do.
 
Apex fusion has to be the most confusing device ever. I updated my firmware, but my atk still says it isn't up to date. HELP!!!
 
+1 on getting Fusion, it makes your life a whole lot easier for remote access!;)
 
Apex fusion has to be the most confusing device ever. I updated my firmware, but my atk still says it isn't up to date. HELP!!!

You have to individually update models, this has always been the case and not related to fusion. Are you using an Apex Classic or Apex 2016?
 
I'm not sure fusion makes life easier. Yes when it works, but mine is now saying "apex not connected to fusion".

What do I need to do?

Corey
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top