Inexpensive doser for my coral QT.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2017
Messages
3,302
Reaction score
2,618
Location
Marlboro NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a 1 head doser that i can use to dose Kalk to my coral QT. Prefer not having one that needs a timer and having something that can be manually adjusted. Don't intent to use it long term so not trying to break the bank here.

Price I want to spend is $30-50. Cheap Chinese one works too. I will test alk weekly and consumption not going to be high. Originally I was not even going to add a doser but not trying to use kalk via ato top. Too many variable and want to keep my alk rock stable.

Let me know what yall recommend.
 
I have a hydro controller.. Im still on the fence since the 4 outlet is always offline but controller always on. I think the $60 hydro doser connects to the drive port, which Is on the controller so may be a good solution. Would have to buy an extension cable
 
I use and love the Kamoer X1 pumps also. They’re the best cheap pump IMHO.

The hydros pump looks like a modified X1, which makes sense because they’re both made by CoralVue.
 
Don't get cheap Chinese.

The cheapest you can relatively trust to not stick ON would be a kamoer. This is chinese but at least moderate quality chinese.
 
I use and love the Kamoer X1 pumps also. They’re the best cheap pump IMHO.

The hydros pump looks like a modified X1, which makes sense because they’re both made by CoralVue.
Are they made by coralvue? Or is CoralVue their US distributor? ReefOctopus, for instance, is only distributed by CoralVue, they are not made by CoralVue. Although, CoralVue handles their warranty here in the states, when I had an issue with what shipped with my OctoLux T90 tank, CoralVue refused to take ownership and blamed it on ReefOctopus for having misinformation on their website. Needless to say, I am no longer a fan of CoralVue... BRS stepped in and made it right though...
 
Are they made by coralvue? Or is CoralVue their US distributor? ReefOctopus, for instance, is only distributed by CoralVue, they are not made by CoralVue. Although, CoralVue handles their warranty here in the states, when I had an issue with what shipped with my OctoLux T90 tank, CoralVue refused to take ownership and blamed it on ReefOctopus for having misinformation on their website. Needless to say, I am no longer a fan of CoralVue... BRS stepped in and made it right though...
Now that you mention it, I’m not sure. I know that CoralVue and Kamoer logos are both on the pump. You are probably right though, so I should have said both are associated with CoralVue.

I have never dealt with them but I know several people who try to avoid any product from CoralVue.
 
What isn’t made in china ? Most the Red Sea stuff is
 
Got a jebao 3 head doser. It was around $60+tax. I figured one head for kalk and just incase I need to dose 2 part could have the additional dosing heads. Seems simple like I like and good for a coral QT



20220711_155029.jpg
 
Got a jebao 3 head doser. It was around $60+tax. I figured one head for kalk and just incase I need to dose 2 part could have the additional dosing heads. Seems simple like I like and good for a coral QT



20220711_155029.jpg
Unless your kalk demand is tiny, you are gonna wear that head out super fast. Those kinds of heads and motors are usually only good for maybe 100 gallons of dosing. With something like kalk, where 1 gallon a day is pretty common, this ain't lasting long.
 
I had the Jebao 4 head doser for over 2 years and it did what it was suppose to without any issues.

However, there are stories of these pumps dumping everything into the DT.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top