Infestation of baby snails

Kieko250

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
17
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy cyber Monday. I seem to have an infestation of baby snails. Probably hundreds of them that come out at night. All inside live rock and water line level. How do I get rid of them? Manually remove 1 by 1?!?

2130D624-3CC4-4E2F-A521-6D4E066F822E.jpeg 097C5D18-FF02-498D-88F2-72FF7F228511.jpeg DF448F2C-9922-4A54-A1A8-40088D9ED795.jpeg 3794F86D-5981-492F-9F95-64A1AF022C52.jpeg
 
perhaps these are collonista snails. nothing to worry about as they stay small. do you use filter socks? that's how you slow reproduction down. if no filter sock, perhaps just continuing monitoring the tank to see how big they get.
 
I only have astrea snails in my tank. But the shells seem rounder and not pointed like astreas
 
Probably collonista as someone said above. They are good and will self regulate from my experience.

I couldn’t ID from photo, just a guess from description.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top