INSANE AMOUNT OF ZOA SPIDERS

I know I have about another 2 weeks before velvet is out of my tank and its safe to add fish.
Maybe look into a pygmy possum wrasse, not sure if they eat pests but I'm seeing online people have those in smaller tanks.
 
I know I have about another 2 weeks before velvet is out of my tank and its safe to add fish.
Its been brought to my attention that I may have been a little harsh with my first post on here. It wasn't my attention, I just want you to be successful and not stress over your tank constantly. I'm just a rough around the edge dad. Forgive me if I came off that way.
 
Its been brought to my attention that I may have been a little harsh with my first post on here. It wasn't my attention, I just want you to be successful and not stress over your tank constantly. I'm just a rough around the edge dad. Forgive me if I came off that way.
No its fine I didnt take it that way at all. And i know for sure i rushed into my tank lol. Got addicted to corals way too quick. But thank you and please comment however you feel all we want is sucess and i need help from other people in the hobby to get there for sure.
 
UPDATE!
I dipped them again yesterday and their starting to open up a little. Some polyps really shrunk and some are still completely shut......most likey still some spiders hiding in the polyps. Im keeping a close eye I WANT THEM ALL DEAD!!
 

Attachments

  • 16154831315245353218050937609029.jpg
    16154831315245353218050937609029.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 55
I have been watching my zoas closing and dying back. Couldn't figure out what's going on and today I decided to dip the worse looking ones in iodine. At least two or three spiders came out. Now it all makes sense!

Everything else in the tank is doing great. Just zoas and not even all of them. What's the best course of action now? How do I rid the tank of those monsters?
 
would an interceptor treatment help with zoa spiders? also peter any store in the nyc area or long island you get these from? dont want to accidentally pick some up myself
 
Ive been quaranting them in a seperate tank and dipping in a mix if revive and iodine every 5 days. Havent seen any since and more and more polyps are opening.
 
2 of my zoa frags were not doing so hot for a few days so i decided to dip them last night in a mix of iodine and revive and over 20 spiders came out...... Should i just throw these frags out? It was completely infested and i know they only way to rid my tank of them is to keep dipping weekly. Pls lmk what you guys think and lmk if this is the most spiders youve seen on a frag. The frags only have about 10heads each... So thats 1 spider per head....not good.

0308212242.jpg
Almost look like mini Bristol stars
 
did you buy these from AquaSD?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top