insight on the Swiss Guard Basslet ??

I just saw a very nice swiss guard at my LFS. Very cool looking & not so everyday fish. At 120 bucks think he would do ok in my 75 gl reef? There is a copperband & a lawnmower blenny in the tank now. Is this a hardy fish in Your op? Says it is from deeper waters. Any ill effects being in a reef with brighter light conditions? Thanks
 
One of my all time favorite fish. The Swales version is much more colorful and the one I have myself. But the standard Swissguard is awesome too. That price is way too high though IMO, I'd politely ask for a discount on it, maybe offer cash to incentivize that for them. Or not, if price is not a consideration.
So to the other questions: Yes, should do fine in your tank and with those tank mates, they are docile fish and somewhat secretive. They tend to stay in the rock work mostly weaving throughout the nooks and crannies. You will primarily see them at feeding time. They are quite adaptable and the lighting should not be an issue. They take to frozen mysis, brine, and flake, pellet quickly. One of the best reef fish for the hobby!
 
They are a reclusive, but hardy fish. Very peaceful. I highly recommend them. It would be a great fit for this tank.
 
He's going to act a lot like a chalk basslet but a bit more reserved like a royal gramma. Cool looking fish though and definitely on my list to keep one day!
 
Thanks ! I need to go back tomorrow & take a longer look .
 
Well I went back today & I'm still looking at this fish . I brought it home ! He's hiding but did see it eat a little earlier. A very cool looking fish & I will be the envy of my local club for at least a little while .Never paid this much for a fish,couldn't afford it. But I can now ! LOL

Oh, almost forgot .I'll get a pic as soon as the fish shows itself.
 
Last edited:
Here is a pic of my Basslett. A very cool fish ! It's out & about eating well. The CopperBand made a rush at it but didn't even come close this guy is fast !

HPIM8747.JPG
 
I added a Swiss Guard Basslet in my 233 a couple years ago.
I very rarely see it. I see it once every few months if I'm lucky.
 
The fish is pretty shy . It will hang out if I'm away from the tank. Soon as I get close, poof !
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top