Installing a Glass Top on 120 SC Aquarium.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
2,478
Reaction score
1,590
Location
La Plata
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased Four 12mm glass rectangles, Siliconed them to the Under side of the Euro-brace. I’m going to cut some 12 mm Acrylic to go from Front to Back, to set Three Custom Lids on. Just got to get a break in the Weather to cut the Acrylic.
 
are the custom lids mesh - or closed. I assume since you said glass - they are closed - I might suggest using a mesh cover to allow better gas exchange - of course the glass will help with evaporation
 
Yes closed, don’t like dealing with the evaporation. Also I’m already running a Dehumidifier in the Basement. The Acrylic is going to be cut in two strips, Removable Glass Tops on this.
 
Yes closed, don’t like dealing with the evaporation. Also I’m already running a Dehumidifier in the Basement. The Acrylic is going to be cut in two strips, Removable Glass Tops on this.
But it sounds like a good DYI job!
 
DBC153BA-2E16-43A6-B906-C5BD92C2B5E5.png
382A6691-2EC4-4ABB-A453-738F1F9D4643.png
382A6691-2EC4-4ABB-A453-738F1F9D4643.png
373D7BF4-0C23-49D4-9960-1C50DC7A31B7.png
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top