InTank fuge + media chamber setup questions

dirtyd61

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states I have the two InTank chambers in my biocube 32. It's a new tank so currently they're empty but I had some questions.

I ran a lot of chaeto in my 150g and wanted to do it again, I liked the natural aspect of its phosphate/nitrate reducing ability as well as being a place for pods.

If I run chaeto should I not use purigen or chemi pure? If yes, what else are people running in their media chambers?

Thanks!
 
I run purigen and then chaeto in the fuge. Thats been working great for me so far. I did run chemipure for a couple weeks and didnt see any difference so i took it out
 
I have the 3 chamber Biocube. Right now it's cycling.

How do you light the chambers to grow cheato? Does the light from the hood light the chambers also?

Another question for the biocube owners (this is my first AIO...my other tanks is a 75 gal with sump): Is there any reason not to just put live rock rubble in the chambers? I'm not interested in purigen, chemi-pure, bioballs, etc.

Thanks!
 
I use innovative marine led on the back of my biocube 32g. Its held in place with a magnet. Working well for me so far
 
I have the 3 chamber Biocube. Right now it's cycling.

How do you light the chambers to grow cheato? Does the light from the hood light the chambers also?

Another question for the biocube owners (this is my first AIO...my other tanks is a 75 gal with sump): Is there any reason not to just put live rock rubble in the chambers? I'm not interested in purigen, chemi-pure, bioballs, etc.

Thanks!

Hey Cindy,

No, I'm using a magnetic light made by JBJ called the nano LED. It sticks to the back wall outside the tank with a magnet inside like a circ pump or those cleaning bars. There are other rear light options available to.

You can definitely put live rock in the back, I think the general consensus is it becomes very annoying maintinence wise back there. I think you'll find most people run a macro algae/purigen/chemi pure elite. If you decide not to run anything in the media trays they are nice to have present incase a situation arises where you may need to add media to correct an issue.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top