Interesting cycling reading 0 ammonia and 0 nitrate?

  • Thread starter Thread starter thewire
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

thewire

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2009
Messages
269
Reaction score
170
Location
Chantilly, VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started cycling almost 2-3 weeks plus ago using the Brightwell Quikcycle and Bacter XLM fishless cycling (again). I started clean from the dry rock after bleaching and drying them and dry sand.

For the longest time I have 2 PPM Ammonia then 1 PPM and 0 nitrate reading. Then today I have 0 ammonia and still 0 nitrate reading? Maybe tomorrow or two days I might see nitrate??
 
Having the same issue. I’ve cycled tons of tanks but I literally cannot get a nitrite reading out of this 16 gallon biocube. Nitrates read <5ppm (can’t tell any more accurately) and I’ve chucked fish flakes, mysis, and a whole store bought shrimp into it. Never got an ammonia or nitrite reading. I mixed 7 gallons new saltwater with 5 gallons from a wc on my 32 Gal dt. Also used established filter media.
 
Having the same issue. I’ve cycled tons of tanks but I literally cannot get a nitrite reading out of this 16 gallon biocube. Nitrates read <5ppm (can’t tell any more accurately) and I’ve chucked fish flakes, mysis, and a whole store bought shrimp into it. Never got an ammonia or nitrite reading. I mixed 7 gallons new saltwater with 5 gallons from a wc on my 32 Gal dt. Also used established filter media.
I have cycled 3 tanks in my previous reef life before using established media.
I have tested nitrite as well 0 ! ..so is my tank cycle? i dosed the ammonia per instruction
 
Have you dosed the right amount of bacteria?2-3 weeks it should be cycled by now. What test kits are you using? You could always dose more ammonia chloride and see over a couple days if this lowers, which would mean you have live bacteria.
 
Have you dosed the right amount of bacteria?2-3 weeks it should be cycled by now. What test kits are you using? You could always dose more ammonia chloride and see over a couple days if this lowers, which would mean you have live bacteria.
Oh ya more than enough bacteria. The ammonia went from 2ppm to 0. I used api test kit
 
Api is the worst. Most fall victim (including myself) get false negatives. Use salifert or red sea...and Hanna if you bougie
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top