ION Director pricing announced! Pre-order yours today!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

No need to wait, it doesn’t. Will it ever? I doubt it. There is more on this issue that has been posted but it’s all speculation.

I think I have narrowed down the probe they are using and if I am correct they could test for several other substances but the only ones that would make any sense in a SW aquarium would be Ammonium and pH level. My guess is that they will use the pH value to calculate out the Ammonia levels using the basic equilibrium laws between them. They might display pH also just so people can verify their existing probes are calibrated, but the data would be once or twice a day so it really is not a substitute for a regular pH probe.
 
Last edited:
I think I have narrowed down the probe they are using and if I am correct they could test for several other substances but the only ones that would make any sense in a SW aquarium would be Ammonium and pH. My guess is that they will use the pH value to calculate out the Ammonia levels using the basic equilibrium laws between them. They might display pH also just so people can verify their existing probes are calibrated, but the data would be once or twice a day so it really is not a substitute for a regular pH probe.

So you're saying no way for phosphate testing ?
 
So you're saying no way for phosphate testing ?
The issue isn't that phosphates can't be tested in this manner. The problem is accuracy/resolution at the very low ranges we want for a reef tank.
 
Any news GHL ???
 
What news are you looking for? It’s supposed to be out next month.
A video of it in action, in english. I have never seen one!
 
Videos in English will be coming before it is released in action..

Reefaplooza Chicago:

 
Last edited:
Videos in English will be coming before it is released in action..

Reefaplooza Chicago:

Thanks, but I saw this one a long time ago. I really want to see it in action taking some readings and then have them compared to Test kits or better yet ICP tests.
 
what is Natrium lol


Screenshot_20200201-164738_Chrome.jpg
 
is it the star trek way of saying sodium? or is it a typotrium ;Clown

Pure Sodium is a metal (Na) and that element is what the probe is measuring.
We are use to dealing with Sodium Chloride NaCl. Since this is a one to one ratio it really does not matter as the reading should be the same. As to why the use of Natrium, I guess it's technically correct since Natrium is how we get the Na from the original Latin designation. It's kind of odd that they would use that but I guess it's just a translation thing that will be changed later.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top