Iron in food grade sodium bicarbonate

  • Thread starter Thread starter karsie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

karsie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2023
Messages
45
Reaction score
3
Location
Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have been using ETI Soda food grade bicarbonate for a while now, baking it according to the recipe (https://www.etisoda.com/en/food-grade-sodium-bicarbonate/) and I just received my ICP test with some elevated Iron at 17.9 ug/l the supplier says that the bicarbonate can contain a maximum of 1% iron. With this information does that mean that the product is not pure enough and can cause problems eventually? The color of the mixture is slightly yellow.
 
If my baking soda were yellow, I'd find another source.
 
Upvote 0
If my baking soda were yellow, I'd find another source.
Well the powder is pure white of course. Only after baking and mixing with RO a slight yellow discolouring appears. Which I know think is the Iron oxidizing.
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top