Is all for reef safe to use with nopox?

Dmolinini524

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2018
Messages
36
Reaction score
42
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I’m just started dosing nopox in my nuvo 30 I’m starting low as everyone suggest .5 mil a day may bump it up a lil as nitrates are around 20ppm. Anyway I plan to switch over to all for reef for dosing big 3. Is it safe to use AFR with nopox? Someone mentioned AFR uses a carbon source or something sorry if that sounds wrong new to this product haha. Thanks.
 
Hello everyone I’m just started dosing nopox in my nuvo 30 I’m starting low as everyone suggest .5 mil a day may bump it up a lil as nitrates are around 20ppm. Anyway I plan to switch over to all for reef for dosing big 3. Is it safe to use AFR with nopox? Someone mentioned AFR uses a carbon source or something sorry if that sounds wrong new to this product haha. Thanks.
Should be fine, but i'd be inclined to use a Tropic Marin carbon source instead, such as this one NP-Bacto-Balance - Tropic Marin
Not much of a difference in price.
 
I have a 30L and I have been dosing Nopox & AFR with little problem. Do watch your Alk with dosing AFR though.
 
I have a 30L and I have been dosing Nopox & AFR with little problem. Do watch your Alk with dosing AFR though.
What do you mean watch Alk?
 
My alk went way up as I increased my AFR dosing (as directed), So I stepped the dose back down-all good.
I know your system could differ from mine but just curious what your daily dose of nopox is?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8309.jpg
    IMG_8309.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 93
Im u
My alk went way up as I increased my AFR dosing (as directed), So I stepped the dose back down-all good.
I’m using ATI essentials pro two part but bought the powder form AFR. Did you start with the recommended dose or did you half it? I got a bunch of sticks so I’m afraid to switch and have a swing.
 
This is the most up to date pic I have caved in and got an apex/trident..also a third ai prime if I could do it all over again I would’ve went with different lights..also it’s recommended to keep all at 7-8 dog when carbon dosing right?
 

Attachments

  • 9A5A73D0-EFCD-4303-89C6-F80BF0564D25.jpeg
    9A5A73D0-EFCD-4303-89C6-F80BF0564D25.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 84
I started with the recommended dose, but I mostly have LPS and some softies, no sticks.
 
Ugh I meant isn’t it recommended to keep alk at 7-8 dkh when carbon dosing?..stupid auto correct haha
 
Carbon dosing does not require any particular alkalinity.

Bear in mind that if nitrate is declining, alkalinity will rise.
 
Carbon dosing does not require any particular alkalinity.

Bear in mind that if nitrate is declining, alkalinity will
Okay thanks I will watch that. Does it matter what time of day I dose the two and should I separate the dosing time between each additive?
 
I would dose organic carbon in the daytime since it depletes O2.

I'd dose alk supplements during the day since that is when corals use the most, but All For Reef is a little more complicated and it may not matter.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top