Is it normal for my clown to turn black?

luis_reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 11, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I left my tank in charge of someone for a week. When I came back there was lots of algae all over my tank. I checked my parameters and everything seems to be fine. However I also noticed that my clown I starting to turn black. Is this normal?

A8D6D7A4-9185-4DFD-B14F-E5316976B3D0.jpeg F9E2A28A-ABDC-4F44-B425-42D3171A7061.jpeg
 
Do you have any other clowns? If so, it could be breeding colors.
 
Yes- Likely an adult pigment. Frequent with Percula and Mocha clowns
 
Does that means this clown will become female? I have two clownfish and the larger one (about 1.5in) also just start to have black color between the first and second white bar.
 
a lot of clownfish, especially designer clownfish, turn black (mostly the orange parts) as they get older. One of my clowns started out with a lot of orange, but it wasn't super vibrant, but over time it turned black. She turned from a black ice to basically a black snowflake lol. so yeah-completely normal (unless your clown is exhibiting any strange or abnormal behavior like not eating)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top