Is it possible to have 1520 ppm Mg WITHOUT dosing Mg?

DannoOMG

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2021
Messages
496
Reaction score
440
Location
NH
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the Red Sea Mg Test kit and it currently showed me 1520 ppm.

I don't dose for Mg and thought that was a little odd to be that high. Am I just botching the last part of the test and adding the Titration too quickly?
 
Check your salt mix .I use HW Marine Reefer salt which is higher on Mg and I've almost always had very high Mg (1500) until my coralline started taking off. Running a softie tank so uptake is always low from corals.
 
I use reef crystals when I have to make my own. Lately they had some Nutri-seawater at the LFS which I have been using for the past 2 weeks.
 
Its possible to have higher MG, but, it will now harm anything at that level. I was using HW Marine Reefer mix and constantly ran Mg at 1480. I actually like to keep my Mg at 1500+.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top