Is it true you can't run np pellets and a UV

Vincent100

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2016
Messages
1,423
Reaction score
1,827
Location
Kent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all
So is it true you cant run np pellets and a UV together
I read it somewhere on here , wasn't a thread just a post by someone
I have cheato at the min but was thinking of going back to pellets as the cheato doesn't grow to well for me
Any thoughts :)

IMG_20170104_182950.jpg
 
BP and UV can run at the same time. BP reactor is recommended to place before the skimmer, so most of bacteria contains nutrition removed by skimmer. UV is usually placed between sump and display tank. However if it is zeovit, then not recommended to use UV because the zeo reactor is placing after skimmer.
 
My UV intake and return are both placed in the sump , don't really want to have a bit of tubing comeing over the back of the tank and into the DT as it will look ugly
Anyone running a UV into their DT post some pics for me so I can see how your doing it
Iv a red sea 350 so no lid that I can hide it under
Thanks
 
I've never heard of not being able to run them together. They affect different elements of your tank, UV free floating and BP bacteria attached to pellets to export No3, some Po4, through skimming.
 
That's what I thought salty but I remember someone saying that the UV kills the bacteria.
Think I'm just gonna go ahead and do it
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top