Is Mochi breathing too hard? I'm worried...

Michelesreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2019
Messages
140
Reaction score
71
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!
So I got my dream fish; Mochi. :)
He's a baby daddy frogfish and he is doing fine...I think..? I know they breathe "harder" than other fish...but I attached a video...can anyone tell me if he is breathing TOO hard??
Note: he did eat a shrimp yesterday....
 

Attachments

  • received_1479637068.mp4
    9.3 MB
Idk why it won't play but he is breathing hard and his mouth is staying open. I'm probably being worried for nothing
 
poss try through u tube ??
 
What are your parameters?
Hey everyone!
So I got my dream fish; Mochi. :)
He's a baby daddy frogfish and he is doing fine...I think..? I know they breathe "harder" than other fish...but I attached a video...can anyone tell me if he is breathing TOO hard??
Note: he did eat a shrimp yesterday....
Can't see video either
 
Here's another try...
 

Attachments

  • received_1734414210.mp4
    9.2 MB
nope..not here
 
Not to question skills or anything but on my iPhone I touch and hold pic and select
Download Linked File. Works for me.
 
Very labored breathing, 1st off, check water parameters., high ammonia needs to be dealt with immediately. Did you balance the sg in the bag to your tank, if tank sg was more than ,002 higher than the bag and you didn't use an extended acclimation, that can cause a problem. Was he exposed to air, anglers need to be released under water, they can gulp air.
 
Very labored breathing, 1st off, check water parameters., high ammonia needs to be dealt with immediately. Did you balance the sg in the bag to your tank, if tank sg was more than ,002 higher than the bag and you didn't use an extended acclimation, that can cause a problem. Was he exposed to air, anglers need to be released under water, they can gulp air.
This right here.

If not acclimated correctly, they will do this for a day or 2 and it is very rough on them.

If it did gulp air, it may be able to be burped. I am not sure on that, as never ran into the issue outside of puffers.

@Jay Hemdal should be able to guide you on telling if it does need to be burped and how to do it if it is possible on an angler.
 
Very labored breathing, 1st off, check water parameters., high ammonia needs to be dealt with immediately. Did you balance the sg in the bag to your tank, if tank sg was more than ,002 higher than the bag and you didn't use an extended acclimation, that can cause a problem. Was he exposed to air, anglers need to be released under water, they can gulp air.
Was not exposed to air at all.we used the same sg as the bag he came in and 5 gallons from the same tank he was in at my lfs....
 
This right here.

If not acclimated correctly, they will do this for a day or 2 and it is very rough on them.

If it did gulp air, it may be able to be burped. I am not sure on that, as never ran into the issue outside of puffers.

@Jay Hemdal should be able to guide you on telling if it does need to be burped and how to do it if it is possible on an angler.
110% did not gulp air. He wasn't breathing hard until AFTER he ate the shrimp yesterday...
 
Nitrates are under 2. Kh 8.5 Calcium 400 Magnesium 420 Salinity .025
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top