Is my Clown carrying or just fat?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1Clown
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

1Clown

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2016
Messages
407
Reaction score
172
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed it's become considerably bloated lately and I did see white stringy poop from it today.

IMGP2964.jpg


IMGP2954.jpg
 
I could be wrong but I thought white stringy poop was usually associated with internal parasites
 
Maybe. You’ll know for sure when you see the ovipositor and the pair prepping an area to lay the eggs. Does your clown have a mate?
 
Well if you username is true, than it's not eggs. A clown will not lay eggs without a male around.
 
Like the other person said, stringy poop is associated with internal parasites.

I don't have experience with this in saltwater, and maybe this is my paranoia, but bloat + stringy poop makes me think of dropsy.

I've had a few fish in freshwater become bloated and then some days afterwards I would see raised scales + big bloating.

But then again, this clown fish could just be fat? I just wanted to give my opinion, maybe someone else knows more?
 
Like the other person said, stringy poop is associated with internal parasites.

I don't have experience with this in saltwater, and maybe this is my paranoia, but bloat + stringy poop makes me think of dropsy.

I've had a few fish in freshwater become bloated and then some days afterwards I would see raised scales + big bloating.

But then again, this clown fish could just be fat? I just wanted to give my opinion, maybe someone else knows more?
I can't seem to edit my comment, but I looked some more and from what I've seen, dropsy is more of a freshwater thing. Maybe it's just constipated or something? or just fat?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top