Is my Melanurus wrasse too fat? Or is it something else?

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
12,222
Reaction score
23,039
Location
Miami Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This wrasse is finishing the copper treatment today. I noticed this bulge near it’s chest/belly?

I do feed a mix of many different types of fresh foods. LRS, mysis, angel mix, live blackworms that I culture. I feed multiple times a day.

This is the only fish with this belly.

I had one tang that is in QT together that arrived skinny but is now at a healthy weight. But this wrasse looks…weird.

DD2951A4-B7A9-4BE5-B4A3-0C0AA3B04F1C.jpeg
D7F60C9C-08C1-4D0D-BAE6-9671E1446A06.jpeg
5C89E886-ECB5-4830-B195-7AAC291C94CE.jpeg
D33CC099-3C6A-4016-834D-3E202686D186.jpeg 202FDF87-0042-4B56-9F4D-62DFAB63DE87.jpeg
 
I have a total of 5 fish that are QT together. All seem very healthy to me. None have this bludge except for the wrasse.

All the fish completed Copper, metroplex, and prazipro.
 
No. It’s both sides.
 
Looks like my lawn mower blenny lol eats all day but in the wrasse it seems odd , maybe you are feeding too much? This reminds me of when goldfish would eat too much and get swim bladder so I had to stop feeding for 3 days and they would be back to normal
 
I got more pictures.

1274084B-2C84-44B5-B791-B462DC43A592.jpeg
E2F8832B-164A-4135-A583-5C4475D9F03E.jpeg
83D1BD4B-9D52-47FD-9AAE-9F9F4ADB6724.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top