is my PH at 8.46 too high for sps ?

acropora4u

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
2,528
Reaction score
1,195
Location
here
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1664912525875.png
 
Dude what are you doing that your pH curve looks like that??
 
Dude what are you doing that your pH curve looks like that??
Given that he is running a CaRx dumping in 6.5 pH effluent, I am going to go with an un-calibrated pH probe.

ANYTHING is possible with enough intervention I guess. CO2 scrubber on a monster skimmer plus dosing a few liters of kalkwasser with a doser plus a steady drip of alkalinity would do it. But who -- besides me -- would be so silly?
:)
 
Mine went from 8.3/4 peak to 8.5+ with the windows now open
 
Keeping that range is fine for acros. Hard to fathom reaching/keeping those ranges while running a Calcium reactor. Calibrating your probe is a pain with APEX, but you might want to do that again.
I run a kalk reactor and co2 scrubber as well. As long as I clean and change the media in both the kalk reactor and co2 scrubber PH stays high
 
Is that a new change? Wondering how growth is looking in that range, I'd imagine pretty dang fast. I've started to run kalkwasser in combo with my calcium reactor. I've seen a nice little boost about .2. I'm going slow but looking forward to what I get at a full concentrated solution. I was blowing through scrubber media and it got too costly.
 
Is that a new change? Wondering how growth is looking in that range, I'd imagine pretty dang fast. I've started to run kalkwasser in combo with my calcium reactor. I've seen a nice little boost about .2. I'm going slow but looking forward to what I get at a full concentrated solution. I was blowing through scrubber media and it got too costly.
yes, i have only had this high PH since adding kalk reactor.. let me know how your sps react , mine so far look great as far as PE goes
 
Mine goes higher than that daily. No issues. Other than more alk consumption.
 
You're fine. I've run higher w/o problems. Don't listen to naysayers on the salinity either. I've run up to 38.5 ppt without issues and got better coloration (BattleCorals does this), but usually run between 36 -37 ppt.
 
Apex salinity is like the most in-accurate thing it tests. I dont even pay attention to it because it spikes up and down like a mountain range.
yes correct... i use a refractoneter and a hanna to check salinity ...its always 1.026
 
First World problem - I wish that I have this same "problem" with higher pH! :) I run a CaRx so I counter with kalk in ATO, CO2 scrubber thru air pump (need to feed via skimmer this weekend), and open the windows/door often when I'm home. However, my peak is only 8.1.
 
First World problem - I wish that I have this same "problem" with higher pH! :) I run a CaRx so I counter with kalk in ATO, CO2 scrubber thru air pump (need to feed via skimmer this weekend), and open the windows/door often when I'm home. However, my peak is only 8.1.
Right? Even with a scrubber and Kalk Stirrer I can barely get to 8.3 lol
 
Right? Even with a scrubber and Kalk Stirrer I can barely get to 8.3 lol
Yup — at some point, I’m going to stop chasing this pH unicorn but hey — it’s a challenge and fun! My low is 7.86 at night, not good. I run Alk between 8.5-9.5 and currently it’s a little on the low side.
 

Attachments

  • A859AE21-114F-4BC9-8FD6-FD04AE7C9805.png
    A859AE21-114F-4BC9-8FD6-FD04AE7C9805.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 24

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top