Is my QT tank done cycling?

Fishbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2020
Messages
1,452
Reaction score
5,949
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it is my 8th day cycling my quarantine tank and I think it may be cycled possibly or very close.
I used bottled bacteria to start and fish food for ammonia. After 8 days, my parameters now read:

pH: 8.3
Ammonia: 0 I know that API ammonia tests are pretty inaccurate but it looks around .5-0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate 5
Salinity always between 1.025-1.026
So is my tank cycled yet?
 
If there is no ammonia then yes. However, don't forget to keep it cycled as the bacteria will die without their ammonia and nitrite.


ps its not a bad idea to get some extra bacteria to put in when you get a fish.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top