I hunt and fish a lot and can say that its FAR more expensive than reef keeping, at least I make it more expensive which is the point of my post. I saw above where the reef guy posted gun/bow equals cheap. If that's all that was put into hunting then yes it would be cheap. Land leases or the cost of land is in the thousands, tree stands, ammo, travel, camo, scent block, if you are into taxidermy, that can be thousands a year, travel and the list goes on and on. Yes some people slap on some military camo and a 100.00 shotgun and hunt which is cheap. Also some people have a nano and 100.00 LED making the hobby cheap. As for fishing, you can fish from the shore or spend 75k+ for an offshore fishing boat. It's all relative on what you would like to spend. This and any other hobby can be cheap or expensive..