Is the maxspect gyre xf130 worth it?

I heard they were cheaply made and break easy! I'm on the fence about getting 2 of them for my 125gal.

The old style propeller was cheap. The new ones are not.
 
Actually, I think they have third generation propellers now. When I got my XF130 last November, it came with the improved second-gen propellers and I've had no problem whatsoever with them. Per the CoralVue video introducing the new generation of 200-series gyres, it looks like they've beefed up the propellers even more.
 
IME no. I used it for a year in my 40B. I'm 100% happier with 2x Jebao RW4's, I traded it for them. Would be ecstatic if they were MP10's but I'm poor.
With the Gyre I had dead areas regardless of setting. Especially along the back wall. It pushes water from one end to the other where my rock caught all the detritus. Directly below the pump got detritus build up also.
Switching paddles, turning cages, running different modes did nothing.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top