Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

Hey R2R Family,

Saltwateraquarium.com wasn't lying about posting Tridents for sale, however they placed a little trick. I thought it was pretty hilarious at first and didn't trust it but I went through with it and I'm 90% sure I'm now a proud owner of a Trident. They basically labeled an item as a "Unicorn". Make sure you sure keyword "Trident" see attached screen shots

unicorn.JPG receipt.JPG
 
I am so bummed I missed this again, I got to the site at like 12:22am :mad: Hoping maybe someone will release some more over the next day or so
 
Just be sure to keep the trident running for 7 days before you start the auto dosing. That’s what the instructions say. Now that mines been running for 6 months, my parameters are a lot more stable. Sure, it’s $600 up front and $20 a month to keep it running but if my more stable parameters keep my coral alive, that’s $100 saved every month because when one dies you can’t just replace it with one piece LOL
 
Goodness. Did saltwateraquarium.com really sell 200 units in 20 minutes late on Thanksgiving night? I had thought that supply might have finally been catching up to demand. Guess not.
 
Goodness. Did saltwateraquarium.com really sell 200 units in 20 minutes late on Thanksgiving night? I had thought that supply might have finally been catching up to demand. Guess not.
Did they really have 200 units saved up? I saw a video posted somewhere but I didn't watch it. If they did sell out 200 units that fast I'm sure some went to resellers trying to make a few bucks....unless SA had a limit of 1.
 
However many it was, I think ppl were thinking they would be available for several hrs if not a full day, and that somehow all the other major outlets would do the same. Clearly demand is still huge vs supply if they sold 10/minute with a Max 1 per purchase.

I'd guess that will have been the biggest opportunity to get one between now and end of yr. I wouldn't think mfg would scale up any further of there's enough of them out there for retailers to hold back 200 for a promo.
 
However many it was, I think ppl were thinking they would be available for several hrs if not a full day, and that somehow all the other major outlets would do the same. Clearly demand is still huge vs supply if they sold 10/minute with a Max 1 per purchase.

I'd guess that will have been the biggest opportunity to get one between now and end of yr. I wouldn't think mfg would scale up any further of there's enough of them out there for retailers to hold back 200 for a promo.
I don't think manufacturing is going to scale up at all. I think they have gotten better/faster at getting units out the door and demand has come down slightly. I still think there is heavy demand and will be for months to come.
 
I plan on using partof my xmas bonus and pre paying for one at my favorite LFS. That way its less stress for me and im supporting local buisnesses.
If we dont buy from these shops they may not be there for us in the future
 
I plan on using partof my xmas bonus and pre paying for one at my favorite LFS. That way its less stress for me and im supporting local buisnesses.
If we dont buy from these shops they may not be there for us in the future
I jsut had my LFS list me and I got mine within 3 weeks. Now my LFS is an authorized reseller and stcoks their goods so they are a but higher on the delivery chain, and I got to support my LFS.
 
Just be sure to keep the trident running for 7 days before you start the auto dosing. That’s what the instructions say. Now that mines been running for 6 months, my parameters are a lot more stable. Sure, it’s $600 up front and $20 a month to keep it running but if my more stable parameters keep my coral alive, that’s $100 saved every month because when one dies you can’t just replace it with one piece LOL
The 20 a month is now lower if you buy the 6 months kit for 99, providing your testing 4/2/2. That works out to less than the reagent costs between my Hanna checkers and my Red Sea tests.
 
The 20 a month is now lower if you buy the 6 months kit for 99, providing your testing 4/2/2. That works out to less than the reagent costs between my Hanna checkers and my Red Sea tests.

Yeah - the 6 month kit is a good price. I am testing 4/2/2 and will do so until I see a larger uptake in dosing then may change. But for now while the tank continues to mature I don't see a reason to do more.

I was hoping to see maybe a sale this weekend on the reagents but maybe they can't drop then any lower.
 
Yeah - the 6 month kit is a good price. I am testing 4/2/2 and will do so until I see a larger uptake in dosing then may change. But for now while the tank continues to mature I don't see a reason to do more.

I was hoping to see maybe a sale this weekend on the reagents but maybe they can't drop then any lower.

I was looking for a sale on the reagents too but I suggest searching around. BRS did not have them on sale (nor a kessil item I needed) but I found aquacave had a sale price on the reagents. https://www.aquacave.com/neptune-trident-six-month-reagent-kit.html
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top