Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

Check with some LFS’. While it may take longer than trying to get one from the major online stores, you can get your name on a list or generally pay for one upfront so you know your guaranteed one. Again may take longer but you know you’ll get one. I was just lucky and was on the forum and someone posted in this thread that BRS had them and I managed to get one

If you have FB, saltwater aquarium has a secret group (Saltwater Insiders) where they post when they’ll have some in stock and when they’ll go online. Other than that, just continue to check this thread as some of us try to notify everybody when a retailer has some in stock

It's what I decided to do. Contacted a LFS that I've had pleasant dealings with in the past and asked to get on the list earlier this week. They said it would likely be a month or two which is fine as this isn't a need as much as a want. I only have 2 corals in the tank currently anyway lol! As a bonus, it supports a LFS.
 
Check with some LFS’. While it may take longer than trying to get one from the major online stores, you can get your name on a list or generally pay for one upfront so you know your guaranteed one. Again may take longer but you know you’ll get one. I was just lucky and was on the forum and someone posted in this thread that BRS had them and I managed to get one

If you have FB, saltwater aquarium has a secret group (Saltwater Insiders) where they post when they’ll have some in stock and when they’ll go online. Other than that, just continue to check this thread as some of us try to notify everybody when a retailer has some in stock


Thx for input......lol I do have FB and involved with many groups, but I can't be checking my phone all the time or tell my costumers can you hold for about two minutes as I have to buy this. Might be time to wrap up being a hobbyists after 55 yrs in it let the young men/women carry on as I was more or less told in another group to do. No worries won't bother you all any more.........on ho folks.
 
My LFS is a certified Neptune dealer and has said they won’t send him any Tridents as he doesn’t do a lot of volume...so the hunt continue.
 
Thx for input......lol I do have FB and involved with many groups, but I can't be checking my phone all the time or tell my costumers can you hold for about two minutes as I have to buy this. Might be time to wrap up being a hobbyists after 55 yrs in it let the young men/women carry on as I was more or less told in another group to do. No worries won't bother you all any more.........on ho folks.
Don’t get out just because of a couple of keyboard tough guys on FB. I have found there to be quite a few “you know what’s” on some of the FB groups and usually those kind of people don’t know what they’re talking about. And The saltwater insiders group has posts by Saltwater Aquarium well in advance for when they’ll be in stock. Not like this thread where one of us sees they’re in stock and posts here. There’s no need to constantly check your phone. Set a notification for when Saltwater Aquarium posts in the group and you’re good to go!
 
There was actually another thread started on this forum earlier in the week along the lines of "we are getting gouged". Anyway one of our members went out of their way, found one in stock, posted it, and the OP was still complaining.... We asked - did you buy it yet. Silence...

In any case they are still tough to find but people do post, look out for others when they come across them, and others like @jlts21 provide another solution. Next thing will be to keep track of your reagent supply. The 6 month kit goes fast because it is the best value. I'm betting Neptune is also looking at this and will help us hobbyists this year.

Great product, really. It is. Hang in there and have a super awesome day!
 
There was actually another thread started on this forum earlier in the week along the lines of "we are getting gouged". Anyway one of our members went out of their way, found one in stock, posted it, and the OP was still complaining.... We asked - did you buy it yet. Silence...

In any case they are still tough to find but people do post, look out for others when they come across them, and others like @jlts21 provide another solution. Next thing will be to keep track of your reagent supply. The 6 month kit goes fast because it is the best value. I'm betting Neptune is also looking at this and will help us hobbyists this year.

Great product, really. It is. Hang in there and have a super awesome day!
Not gonna lie, I don’t understand the hype though. People are going crazy. Its Worse than Black Friday LOL
 
Not gonna lie, I don’t understand the hype though. People are going crazy. Its Worse than Black Friday LOL

Lol. True.

I'm sure you have already done so but if you look at it as a time saver it sort of makes sense. Not only saving you time but also doing the tests in theory consistently the same way and more frequently (if that is your thing) then the demand for the product. Some people don't mind testing, have set schedules, etc. On the other hand for someone like me who dislikes it or will not do the more time consuming ones, the Trident was a huge help.

About the only manual tests I ran was phosphate and alk - both the Hanna kits. Easy to use which is why they got done. I would also use one of the Nyos kits for Nitrate. Again someone easy and consistent, so I used it :)

Not going to lie. For me it is helpful because I do not enjoy testing and was not consistent.
 
 

And here we go...another in stock. Search engine skills.... :D
 
Stay off the main sites where everyone else looks 50 times a day. They are around.
 
Lol. True.

I'm sure you have already done so but if you look at it as a time saver it sort of makes sense. Not only saving you time but also doing the tests in theory consistently the same way and more frequently (if that is your thing) then the demand for the product. Some people don't mind testing, have set schedules, etc. On the other hand for someone like me who dislikes it or will not do the more time consuming ones, the Trident was a huge help.

About the only manual tests I ran was phosphate and alk - both the Hanna kits. Easy to use which is why they got done. I would also use one of the Nyos kits for Nitrate. Again someone easy and consistent, so I used it :)

Not going to lie. For me it is helpful because I do not enjoy testing and was not consistent.
My issue is I'm a very lazy reefer. I hate water changes and I hated testing lol! I can't get consistent results from any test kit so eventually it drops off from weekly, to bi-weekly, to monthly, to whenever I feel like it.

I invested a fair amount in a mixing station so I can change 40gal's in 15 minutes without lifting anything heavier than a pump. So yeah, I'll invest significantly into an automated testing device as well. Been holding off as I only have 2 corals in the tank, but that will start changing as soon as i have the trident in. Love that I can use it to control my DOS as well.
 
Lol I don’t mind the time testing. It takes me 10 minutes. When I have days off, I do it in the morning and done. I only use the trident for when I’m away. My unit hasn’t had new reagents in 2-3 months. It’s pointless when I’m home to monitor the tank myself.
 
This thread is very helpful. Amazes me how quick someone from the community posts where they are up for sale and within minutes there sold out. @Hausser posted islandfishandscale has them available and they did. Within a hour they were sold out. Keep up the good detective work everyone. Hopefully the people who want one will get one. Including myself. Probably around the time version 2 comes out
 
Seems like saltwateraquarium.com post them for sale on Friday’s. I am part of saltwater insiders Facebook group and they announce when they are going to or when they are posted along with the 6 month reagent for the trident.
 
I absolutely love mine and its definitely worth the wait, I was also on several waiting list and finally got one through Marine Depot. My job keeps me away from home most of the week and the trident combined with the Apex and Fusion have definitely helped me keep my tank thriving without a bunch of stress!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top