Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

As I stated before I was able to get one from BRS today. I think it might have been the last on. I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. It’s because of this community of people that make things like this possible. I don’t think I would have caught it available for sale in time Once again. Believe me guys I have been trying for a long time always a day or hour to late.
As for those who are still looking don’t give up and keep checking this thread. If this thing is still this hard to get then it must be good.
 

Some bundles available. 18:50p (CDT) 1/29/2020

Sic 'em

I personally dont think what @MarineDepot is doing is ethical . They are ONLY offering the Trident as a large package, which means existing dedicated Apex customers cannot obtain one. It seems like an attempt to maximize profit at the expense of their most dedicated customer base.

Is there any other way to interpret it?
 
I personally dont think what @MarineDepot is doing is ethical . They are ONLY offering the Trident as a large package, which means existing dedicated Apex customers cannot obtain one. It seems like an attempt to maximize profit at the expense of their most dedicated customer base.

Is there any other way to interpret it?
I don’t know for sure 100% but they probably aren’t making that much of a profit on Neptune products. They are probably trying to get more reefers to get into the controller phase of reefing and there’s some incentive for ones that don’t have one that are contemplating getting one and can get a trident at the same time. But like I said, I don’t know for sure. If I was running a reef product/equipment company I would do the same thing. Especially with all the hype of tridents. People that are still old school may want a trident, but can’t use one until they have the apex
 
I don’t know for sure 100% but they probably aren’t making that much of a profit on Neptune products. They are probably trying to get more reefers to get into the controller phase of reefing and there’s some incentive for ones that don’t have one that are contemplating getting one and can get a trident at the same time. But like I said, I don’t know for sure. If I was running a reef product/equipment company I would do the same thing. Especially with all the hype of tridents. People that are still old school may want a trident, but can’t use one until they have the apex

I believe all companies make money from selling products- that is the point of being a distributer. The packages MD is making does not have a discount or anything. If someone didn't have an apex and was interested in getting one, they could buy an apex AND a trident from Marine Depot. Separately. The current way they are doing it prevents people who want one from getting one...

Its the same ethics category as someone hoarding tridents to resell on ebay IMO. Legal? Absolutely- supply and demand. Ethical? Meh
 
I believe all companies make money from selling products- that is the point of being a distributer. The packages MD is making does not have a discount or anything. If someone didn't have an apex and was interested in getting one, they could buy an apex AND a trident from Marine Depot. Separately. The current way they are doing it prevents people who want one from getting one...

Its the same ethics category as someone hoarding tridents to resell on ebay IMO. Legal? Absolutely- supply and demand. Ethical? Meh
I never said they weren’t making money, just that they probably aren’t making a huge profit from em, I mean it’s Neptune I can’t see them giving distributors HUGE discounts on stuff, wholesale sure, but I don’t think they are making a huge profit. While I 100% agree with you on the terrible ethics of people hoarding them to resell for double the price, I feel marine depot is just trying to get more consumers into the “Apex controlled reef tank” game. Because we all know the demand of the trident, it’s only reasonable to assume some people without an apex want to get a trident for the testing, so marine depot says “hey you really want a trident, but don’t have an apex? Well you can get both right now”
 
I personally dont think what @MarineDepot is doing is ethical . They are ONLY offering the Trident as a large package, which means existing dedicated Apex customers cannot obtain one. It seems like an attempt to maximize profit at the expense of their most dedicated customer base.

Is there any other way to interpret it?

Honestly, I COMPLETELY agree (and note, I'm the guy that posted the link - for anybody that needed such a thing, not for MD).
 
I never said they weren’t making money, just that they probably aren’t making a huge profit from em, I mean it’s Neptune I can’t see them giving distributors HUGE discounts on stuff. You can pay the same price for stuff from Neptune directly. While I 100% agree with you on the terrible ethics of people hoarding them to resell for double the price. But I feel marine depot is just trying to get more consumers into the “Apex controlled reef tank” game. Because we all know the demand of the trident, it’s only reasonable to assume some people without an apex want to get a trident for the testing, so marine depot says “hey you really want a trident, but don’t have an apex? Well you can get both right now”

Neptune systems only sells things like replacement parts, or recently, 2 month reagent packs for the trident.

Vendors get items at a wholesale prices (let’s say anywhere from 15-35% off retail). Then they sell it at the MSRP retail price. The difference between wholesale and retail is how vendors make money.
 
Last edited:
You do not seem to understand the structure of manufacturing and distribution. One CANNOT buy a trident or apex from Neptune Systems directly- you can only buy them from an authorized apex vendor. Neptune systems only sells things like replacement parts, or recently, 2 month reagent packs for the trident.

Vendors get items at a wholesale prices (let’s say anywhere from 15-35% off retail). Then they sell it at the MSRP retail price. The difference between wholesale and retail is how vendors make money.
Dude I’m not gonna sit here and argue over wholesale price and what vendors sell things for. I know how wholesale/distributor pricing works. I never said I had a problem with how much vendors sell things for. If it’s such a big deal that vendors pay wholesale and sell it at msrp then don’t buy from them. The fact that @MarineDepot is bundling tridents with an apex is a smart business move. Let’s just agree to disagree that what they are doing is not the same as scabs price gouging the tridents on ebay
 
I had it in my cart and was in the process of checking out but talked myself out of it. It's not in the budget for my initial tank build.
I have been doing the same thing for 3 months everytime it comes in stock. I am sick of skipping th unicorn so I bought it. I totally understand and appreciate your decision.
 
So you finally got a Trident!!! Very nice my man!!! How's your tank?


It's coming along now since I was able to get Dino's under control. It's amazing how much growth and progress you can make when your not doing blackouts, dosing tons of bacteria, messing with light schedules etc. Added a new batch of BC acros (some smooth skin) and all of them had PE from day one and retained all color. Coralline is starting to layer up. All and Cal gauge started move and daily testing and dosing became a duty. So it was time for a Trident. Just unsure when to disconnect the display UV that I have sitting on the eurobrace. Fearful of dinos comming back.
 
If anyone has any leads on where to pick up a trident please let me know!
Make sure you follow this thread. I was able to finally get one from Brs just got delivered today. But never would’ve gotten if I did not set up email alerts for this thread
 
Too funny, randomly thought of a Trident today to help me get my tank back on track after neglecting it for ages... Of course, still not it stock :)
 
Premium Aquatics has them in stock. Just ordered mine.
 
Premium aquatics still has them in stock just ordered mine I want to say thank you to everyone for being on the ball here and being so kind to inform us of in stock
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top