Is there a way to protect wall from salt damage?

dmjr1201

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2013
Messages
323
Reaction score
26
Location
Kissimmee Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering how everyone here is protecting their walls from salt damage? I'm in the the process of spraying texture on walls and gonna paint as well. Looking for a little protection. Any ideas or suggestions?
 
Great question. I thought about it long and hard and decided to splurge and put up porcelain and glass tile behind the tank. Another option is FRP (restaurants use it in the kitchen). I got generic looking white FRP for the fish room, but I think there is some fancier looking stuff. I took the drywall down, put up some plywood and then the FRP.
 
As stated, the best prevention is to not have salt spray getting to the wall.
But when it comes to the paint, do NOT use a flat paint; use at least a satin or eggshell finish. You can't really wipe down or clean flat paints without it showing up. With the satin finishes, you can use a damp cloth to wipe any salt spray that gets on the wall.
 
Thank fellas, I'm actually siting on 60 square feet of some bluish green glass subway tiles too.
 
Great question. I thought about it long and hard and decided to splurge and put up porcelain and glass tile behind the tank. Another option is FRP (restaurants use it in the kitchen). I got generic looking white FRP for the fish room, but I think there is some fancier looking stuff. I took the drywall down, put up some plywood and then the FRP.
FRP all the way!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top