Is thermoelectric technology enough to substitute a conventional chiller?

J.Rullan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cost of operating my aquariums has increased a lot since I started the hobby. I found a necessity to cut corners in terms of operating costs in all my aquariums. So I wonder if you could share your thoughts and experience using thermoelectric technology in your tanks, and if there are ways of making this technology more efficient while keeping the electric bill down?

IMG_1081.jpg


IMG_1082.jpg


IMG_1083.jpg


IMG_1084.jpg


IMG_1085.jpg
 
In small tanks like nano, yes they do work. They just aren't efficient enough for anything larger.

I use a large box fan over my 120g and never saw it over 79 here in S. Cal this summer. Just be mindful of the increase evaporation though.
 
Thank you for your information. I had a six-pack cooler that I upgraded using better case fans and the temperature improved by far, I wonder if something can be done to those to obtain a better efficiency? Anyone?
 
Thank you for your information. I had a six-pack cooler that I upgraded using better case fans and the temperature improved by far, I wonder if something can be done to those to obtain a better efficiency? Anyone?
 
Thank you for your information. I had a six-pack cooler that I upgraded using better case fans and the temperature improved by far, I wonder if something can be done to those to obtain a better efficiency? Anyone?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top