Is this a baddy? Looks like some kinda nudibranch

Creggers

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2020
Messages
427
Reaction score
525
Location
Baltimore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously when I put zoanthids in the tank this thing comes scooting across my glass. I haven’t had any zoas/palys in my tank until today, shut the lights off and caught a peak of this thing moving around on my glass.

He’s about an inch or so long, white, and has some bushy spots.

I’m still fishless, and my systems been set up about 30 days without any corals or anything. I dipped and inspected all my coral before adding, killing plenty of pods but this guy wasn’t on the frags for sure.

Hopefully I’m just overreacting and this is some kind of snail I’m not familiar with, but he sure looks like a nudibranch. If that’s the case, let me know best corse of action, a 6 line is probably out of the question as I haven’t added all my livestock and I’d prefer to leave that for last (if at all)....


Thanks for your help and sorry for the subpar photos...
4B036EDC-7CF0-4182-9EA3-97B8B1855705.jpeg
881C1141-5917-4B02-83CC-9335714DE1BD.jpeg
 
Looks like a stomatella snail Google it and see hard to tell from picture
 
Nudibranch what species? hard to tell from the pic.
 
Can see any cerata organs that's why I think looks more like a stomatella snail do you have better picture
 
Id say nudibranch too but from the looks of it not one of the coral eating ones i know. I'd be more concerned with keeping it alive than with getting rid of it, but that "problem" will probably solve itself if that is what you want.
 
Photos please, if possible to see it on a rock or somewhere to have a look on the top of it. That defo will help ID it. Can't see the stomatella mouth which is almost always on the surface looking to pick up something, so probably is nudi like @KJ say, but from the photo can't get more.
 
Couldn't get a better picture and I haven't seen it since I took it. Good to hear that it's probably not a coral eating kind. The tank was set up without coral for about 30 days and seeded with 40lbs of live rock.
 
It I believe is an Aplysiid known as Heterobranch Sea Slug which feeds on macro algae
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top