Is this a coral hurting pest? (Wellso)

  • Thread starter Thread starter boboyo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

boboyo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2020
Messages
263
Reaction score
117
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wellso hasn’t been in it’s best shape lately and I found this in it. Should I be worried? Anyone know what it is?

4C281FC0-66C0-4AED-A6E9-E7A53CD13070.jpeg 8CDFBEEB-6CC9-43FA-9CB2-FE093A7BBCE7.jpeg
 
No idea. Looks like a tiny cucumber to me. Maybe someone else will know. Is it moving?
 
Could be an isopod or similar but hard to tell under the heavy blue. Can you take pic under white light and a tad closer ?
 
Here’s more pics without blues
 

Attachments

  • 3DB0907F-38E1-48BD-9269-4D3F3FC857FB.jpeg
    3DB0907F-38E1-48BD-9269-4D3F3FC857FB.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 48089FBF-6662-4463-85DB-63A7EFB103AA.jpeg
    48089FBF-6662-4463-85DB-63A7EFB103AA.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 7D25A29F-4E32-4296-BC32-332DF4366D02.jpeg
    7D25A29F-4E32-4296-BC32-332DF4366D02.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 366B6562-EEFC-4C91-9568-5A9B56F2F9B8.jpeg
    366B6562-EEFC-4C91-9568-5A9B56F2F9B8.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 5635D6BB-8798-41D1-B94A-2ECC10CFA84B.jpeg
    5635D6BB-8798-41D1-B94A-2ECC10CFA84B.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 40
Here’s more pics without blues
Looks like a stomatella snail. Meat coral can suffer from even the safest hitchhiker. using tweezers, I would wiggle it off gently and place in container and take another pic for verication but remove whatever it is off coral.

Stomatella:

1634164006547.png
1634164016813.png
1634164037489.png
 
finally the grey thing cracked. Looked like there were eggs inside or maybe sand? I could only scrape off the sides, now what I believe is the skeleton that’s showing. It’s like the oval thing was split in 2 with sand or eggs in each side under the thin grey layer with the “spine” of the oval thing being the skeleton
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top