Is this a pest/bug/egg on this acropora granulosa

jibson

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2022
Messages
40
Reaction score
18
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I have this SPS frag - acropora granulosa. I dip all my corals in reef primer before putting in my tank. I saw some small white dots moving about on it today, prob more notice than on other frags I have here as it's a lot darker. Polyp extension was okay, not amazing. Once I saw this, I decided to give it another dip in reef primer - hence no PE on this new picture. However, on return to the tank, these white dots remained, look almost like eggs? The moving white parts looked very small and not the same size as white pests I've seen around on forums. Should I be worried? If so, what advice is there? See pic below. Thanks

WhatsApp Image (1).jpeg
 
I’d say white bugs.. but you’re saying they don’t move at all?
They were before the dip and a lot more of them, but those ones from the photo seem to have not moved in the last hour or so since the dip. I really hope not white bugs, super annoying to try and find treatment for these in the UK.
 
They were before the dip and a lot more of them, but those ones from the photo seem to have not moved in the last hour or so since the dip. I really hope not white bugs, super annoying to try and find treatment for these in the UK.
I’m not sure then.. maybe the dip killed them? Do they blow off with a turkey baster or anything now?
 
I always thought Reef Primer potassium chloride. Could be wrong though. KCl does not work on white bugs IME. Only milbemycin oxime.

If a bug is moving around on live acro flesh, it is not a good bug.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top