Is this a Snail without a Shell, or some other Hitchhiker?

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2020
Messages
2,449
Reaction score
5,222
Location
Avon, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I filmed this yesterday. The video is not as crisp as I would like, but you can see what appears to be an eye and a mouth on the lower left / front of the varmint. I zoomed in a couple of times and you can see what looks like whiskers moving around the mouth. About the size of a small marble, maybe 1/2 inch diameter.



At first I thought a snail without a shell, but the whiskers appear to be around the mouth and not off the top of the head. It has moved around some, but stayed the the same general area overnight.
 
looks sorta like a stomatella but I can’t see it clearly let alone spell the name properly

Edit BTW, I see these in my tanks from time to time, sometime going months or even tears between sightings,,,no clue how the get there or where they come from …I’d bet others will report similar….
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top