Is this an indication of needing more light?

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
861
Reaction score
335
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Par measurement where this Zoa is on the substrate is at 80 Par, and it's stretching as shown here. I thought Zoas don't need that much light - am I wrong?

Or is there some Zoas that actually stretch like this.

20240318_132831_resized.jpg
 
they can stretch for light - depending on the state of the other corals in your tank, you could turn up the intensity and see how they respond. However, don't adjust the whole system for one coral. You could also move it up onto the scape for the same effect.
 
Yes and no. Some zoas do this.
These were labelled Sunny D Zoas, which are common I would think. Maybe I'll try taking the rock out of the substrate and position it higher on the base rock.
 
These were labelled Sunny D Zoas, which are common I would think. Maybe I'll try taking the rock out of the substrate and position it higher on the base rock.
Can confirm Sunny Ds like more light than my other Zoas. A couple of inches higher would probably make them much happier. If you should acquire them, Aoi Zoas like about the same amount as the Sunny Ds.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top