Is this brooklynella on my juvenile clown?

squidsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2020
Messages
81
Reaction score
133
Location
West chester
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the edges of his fins have had little whiter marks that I assumed were nip marks from the larger clown. Directly on his gills, I noticed some slimey looking white splotch. I received this fish from ORA breeder, which has a history of very healthy fish, but anything can happen. Should I be worried? What steps should I take?

PXL_20201129_211234313._exported_1606684395797.jpg
PXL_20201129_211441606.MP.jpg
 
Hi, sorry, missed your message until just now.

Did the fish come direct from ORA? How long have you had it? Do you have a treatment tank available?
Jay
 
Hi, sorry, missed your message until just now.

Did the fish come direct from ORA? How long have you had it? Do you have a treatment tank available?
Jay
The fish came directly from ORA. I do not have a treatment tank. I have had h for 6 days.
 
The fish came directly from ORA. I do not have a treatment tank. I have had h for 6 days.
Sorry, one other question - I couldn’t see in the video, any rapid breathing?
Given the history, I’d say Brooklynella is unlikely, more probably some general bacteria/mucus from sparring with the other clown. Lack of feeding and rapid breathing are the two serious symptoms to watch for.
Jay
 
Sorry, one other question - I couldn’t see in the video, any rapid breathing?
Given the history, I’d say Brooklynella is unlikely, more probably some general bacteria/mucus from sparring with the other clown. Lack of feeding and rapid breathing are the two serious symptoms to watch for.
Jay
Thanks for the info. He is still eating some frozen and smaller pellets and he is not breathing rapidly. I had assumed it was from getting nipped by the larger clown, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks a lot!
 
When my clown had brook it had blister like patches on it. No dots like ick.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top