Jun 28, 2014 #1 N Nathan2585 Community Member View Badges Joined Jun 25, 2014 Messages 57 Reaction score 2 Location Goldsboro,NC Rating - 0% 0 0 0 I have someone that is trying to sell me a LED light it says its 460nm 21.6W and is 48" long by aquatic life. I am going to have a 55gal with live rock and coral as well as fish... Is this a good light or should I hold out for something better?
I have someone that is trying to sell me a LED light it says its 460nm 21.6W and is 48" long by aquatic life. I am going to have a 55gal with live rock and coral as well as fish... Is this a good light or should I hold out for something better?
Jun 28, 2014 #2 redfishbluefish Stay Positive, Stay Productive View Badges Staff member Super Moderator Reef Squad Partner Member 2024 Excellence Award Article Contributor NJRC Member Hospitality Award Joined Mar 22, 2012 Messages 11,833 Reaction score 26,125 Location Sayreville, NJ Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Hold out!!!! Although you can't base "watts" on an LED, 22 watts is way too low for a 55 gallon reef tank.
Hold out!!!! Although you can't base "watts" on an LED, 22 watts is way too low for a 55 gallon reef tank.
Jun 28, 2014 #3 Reefing Madness Carbon Doser View Badges Staff member Super Moderator Excellence Award Hospitality Award Joined Oct 27, 2012 Messages 19,879 Reaction score 7,115 Location Peoria, AZ. Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Just 460nm leds? No, I'd not use it then. Need one with full spectrum lighting, not just in a single spectrum.
Just 460nm leds? No, I'd not use it then. Need one with full spectrum lighting, not just in a single spectrum.
Jun 28, 2014 #4 OP OP N Nathan2585 Community Member View Badges Joined Jun 25, 2014 Messages 57 Reaction score 2 Location Goldsboro,NC Rating - 0% 0 0 0 Ok thanks guys I was going to buy it but don't want to if its not the right light for me!