Is this part of the Zoa?

PandorasChalk

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2021
Messages
203
Reaction score
194
Location
Indy
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This week picked up a Brown Warlock Zoa and this morning while it was opening I noticed this odd thing on it (circled). The Zoa opened fully and has been all day, it is not bothering it but I wanted to see if I should remove it.

image_6487327(1).JPG
image_123927839(5).JPG
 
Looks like a possible hitchhiker, but I'm not 100%.
That is my thought currently, it did not match up with anything in the common hitchhiker thread, closest thing I could think of is hydroid maybe? Other thought is it kind of looks like a baby feather duster worm based on google image search.
 
Upvote 0
That is my thought currently, it did not match up with anything in the common hitchhiker thread, closest thing I could think of is hydroid maybe?
I'm pretty sure it's not aptasia, but it kind of looks like a small feather duster worm or other filter feeder.
 
Upvote 1
I'm pretty sure it's not aptasia, but it kind of looks like a small feather duster worm or other filter feeder.
I just did a Google Image Search right when you posted and it looks like a few I seen in the examples as a baby one. I hope that's the case, I just dealt with a hydra issue in a shrimp tank, I'd hate to deal with the salt equivalent.
 
Upvote 0

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top